[R] automating a script to read a file

ilai keren at math.montana.edu
Wed Apr 25 04:09:29 CEST 2012

On Tue, Apr 24, 2012 at 6:00 PM, Steve Friedman <skfglades at gmail.com> wrote:

> The original post does contain the function plot.spdf and some sample data.

That's great. And who's responsibility is it to make sure we have
context for THIS post ? This is a mailing list, not a forum and MY
mail client doesn't keep track of YOUR postings.

BTW, you are the one seeking our help, so even if you think it was a
picky request, a proper response would be to simply post your
function+data set. Not send us looking for some "original post".

> I thought I also made it clear that I understood that hist and histogram are
> not the same.

No you didn't. But now IT IS clear you don't realize grid and base
graphics don't mix.

> I am looking for a way to use the alternatives in a function similar to but
> not identical to doubleYScale.

LatticeExtra functions expect any lattice plots, including local (user
defined) panel/plot functions, if only you would have posted plot.spdf
maybe you would have gotten a solution by now...
If plot.spdf is actually a base graphics plotter and you just stumbled
upon DoubleYscale somehow, ?par ?axis hist(...,add=T) are all
available to you.

Best