[R] trouble loading ggplot2 using R

David Winsemius dwinsemius at comcast.net
Wed Apr 25 15:42:30 CEST 2012

On Apr 25, 2012, at 8:27 AM, Ramon Ovelar wrote:

> I don't think I have touched at anything at all. I'm very newbie to
> R and
> to be honest I don't know what "Ramdom.seed" is. I will try to find
> out.
>
> I have seen other messages about "restoring random.seed", but in
> order to
> check that the problem is really that I have used some "Viewing data"
> commands. The error says, in Spanish, that  ".Random.seed is not an
> integer
> vector but a list" (.Random.seed no es un vector de números enteros
> pero es
> de tipo 'list')
>
>> class(.Random.seed)
> [1] "data.frame"

That _is_ a problem. It _should_ be an integer atomic vector, although
it appears to be the correct length (at least is the same as
my .Random.seed which has the same leading entry, 403, as yours)  and
it appears to be all integers. Something you have done or some program
has done has altered the default value. It is possible that this
problem assignment has been saved in your (invisible) .Rdata file.

It is generally a bad idea to do anything to .Random.seed, but I don't
see any harm at this point in trying this:

.Random.seed <- unlist(.Random.seed)

(... and then trying to install ggplot2)

That should get rid of the 'data.frame' attribute. I would also track
down your .Rdata file and maybe also your .Rhistory file and delete
them. You will need to learn how to do this in a Terminal session or
you will need to learn how to display invisible files in Finder.app.
The archives of the SIG-Mac list will have instructions.

--
David.