[R] RODBC Error Code 202 on Mac OS X 10.6

julia.jacobson at arcor.de julia.jacobson at arcor.de
Wed Apr 25 17:03:45 CEST 2012

Hello everybody out there using the RODBC package,

On my linux (unixODBC) and windows machines, I can successfully use the RODBC package to connect to a PostgreSQL databse.
On my Mac Book running Mac OS X 10.6 (Intel 64bit architecture), I get the error "code 202" and message "?????" when I try to establish an connection by using
>con <- odbcConnect(dsn="MyDataSource",UID="Me",pwd="secret")
Could anyone please hint me towards additional diagnostics I can run to pin down the problem?
I have the latest versions of unixODBC and psqlODBC installed from Macports.
They seem to be okay, because
$isql dsn uid pwd
works fine to connect to the database.

Thanks in advance for your help,