[R] sub setting a data frame with binomial responses

john.james john.james851231 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 1 17:19:28 CEST 2012

Hi everyone,
Let me have a dataframe named “mydata” and created as below,
*> n=c(5,5,5,5) #number of trils
> x1=c(2,3,1,3) ) #number of successes
> x2=c(5,5,5,5) #number of successes
> x3=c(0,0,0,0) #number of successes
> x4=c(5,0,5,0) #number of successes
> mydata=data.frame(n,x1,x2,x3,x4)
> mydata*
  n x1 x2 x3 x4
1 5  2  5  0  5
2 5  3  5  0  0
3 5  1  5  0  5
4 5  3  5  0  0
But for my modeling purposes(binomial), I cannot have a dataframe which has
all success columns, all failure columns or only the success and failure
columns.
That is I need to delete x2, x3 and x4 from my data.frame
I can delete x2 and x3 as follows
*mydata = t(subset(t(mydata), rowSums(t(mydata)) > 0))
mydata = t(subset(t(mydata), rowSums(t(sim.data)) < 20)) #where 20=4*5*

How can I subset my data by removing x4, which contains either number trials
or zeros as elements?
Can I give a single logical condition in the subset code to skip all such
rows(i.e. skipping x2,x3, and x4 at once)?

*** I am doing this for a very large dataframe(1000s of columns as

Thank you for your kindness!