[R] mgcv 1.7-19, vis.gam(): "invalid 'z' limits'

janvanhove jan.vanhove at unifr.ch
Wed Aug 1 18:17:55 CEST 2012

I somehow solved the problem - kind of. The data set on which I ran the GAM
model contains many more variables than are needed in the model, so I
created a new data set in R and reran the GAM model on the slimmed down data
set. Same problem: The GAM can be computed, but the tensor product cannot be
plotted. I then saved the slimmed down data set as a CSV file, reread it
into R, computed the model once again, and lo and behold: I can now plot the
tensor product. Any ideas why?