[R] Predicting Player Sports Scores

onenoc alexander.f.moreno at gmail.com
Thu Aug 2 13:51:20 CEST 2012

Hi,

I'm new to sports data and want to work on a personal project that involves
predicting player scores, rebounds, blocks, etc., for the NBA and NCAA
basketball.  Anyone have any ideas on where I could get this data and how I
would get it into R efficiently?  Particularly, can I use YQL with R?  In
the past for non-sports projects I read most of the stuff from CSV files,
but I'm wondering if I can use an API for sports data.

Thanks,
Alex