[R] Help on merging without a common variable

R. Michael Weylandt michael.weylandt at gmail.com
Thu Aug 2 23:11:23 CEST 2012

You can merge without a common variable:

x <- data.frame(x = 1:5)
y <- data.frame(y = 6:10)

merge(x,y)

works just fine (for one set of expectations)

If you need more help, please do make a reproducible example (as
requested of all R-help posts): the instructions here might help

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/5963269/how-to-make-a-great-r-reproducible-example

Best,
Michael