[R] RCassandra: RC.read.table error

am anita.mehrotra at accenture.com
Thu Aug 2 23:43:20 CEST 2012

Hi,

I'm trying to read in some data from Cassandra in a column family called
DemoCF. I am able to connect to the cluster, describe and use the keyspace.

*> conn <- RC.connect(host='<IP>', port=<portNumber>)*
*> RC.describe.keyspace(conn2, 'DemoKS')*
$name
[1] "DemoKS"
$strategy_class
[1] "org.apache.cassandra.locator.SimpleStrategy"
$strategy_options
replication_factor
               "3"
$replication_factor
[1] 3
$cf_defs
$cf_defs$DemoCF
$cf_defs$DemoCF$keyspace
[1] "DemoKS"
$cf_defs$DemoCF$name
[1] "DemoCF"
$cf_defs$DemoCF$column_type
[1] "Standard"

However, every time I try to read in the column family, I get the following
error:

*> tableA <- RC.read.table(conn, 'DemoCF', convert=TRUE, na.strings='NA',
as.is=FALSE)*
Error in RC.get.range.slices(conn, c.family, fixed = TRUE) :
  failed to get result
Calls: RC.read.table -> RC.get.range.slices -> .Call

Has anyone seen this before? I would really appreciate any help/advice on
this.

Sincerely,
AM