[R] list files - unix bug?

Berend Hasselman bhh at xs4all.nl
Fri Aug 3 11:12:26 CEST 2012

Simon Schafferer wrote

> Hi,
>
> when I call the function "list.files()" it also lists directories,
> although
> the parameter include.dirs is set to FALSE by default.
> The function also lists directories when the parameter include.dirs is
> explicitly set to FALSE "list.files(include.dirs=FALSE)".
> I have tested this also on a mac os -> same results.

Fo the include.dirs argument the help states

Should subdirectory names be included in recursive listings? (There always
are in non-recursive ones).

You are doing a non-recursive listing (recursive=FALSE is the default).
That's why you are getting directories.

In the description of include.dirs the text "There always are ..."  is most
likely a typo. I guess that it should read as: They always are ...

Berend