[R] Identify points that lie within polygon

Mon Aug 6 17:38:03 CEST 2012

This is off-topic (not about R), and a quick Web search of "test within polygon" yields many results, and adding "R" to the search when using Google provides hints about applying the algorithms in R.
                                      Live:   OO#.. Dead: OO#..  Playing