[R] Save & reload list objects

robgriffin247 rg.rforum at hotmail.co.uk
Tue Aug 7 15:20:10 CEST 2012

Hi,
I think this is probably (& hopefully) very easy but I the ideas I have
tried don't work.

Simply, I have 2 very large lists in my workspace which take an awfully long
time to make, each containing the information from 12500+ lmer models.
I would like to now save these lists as files (txt, csv... whatever suits
best) on to my computer/usb.
Then I would like to be able to reload them in to the workspace on another
computer (the second computer will not be able to run the script which makes
the list "m1<-
lapply(split(narrow,narrow$gene),function(x)lmer(value~sex+(1|line:sex)+(1|line),data=x))"
) in exactly the same layout,/state/condition as they were when they were
made (exact replicas basically) so that it does not affect subsequent code
in my script .
Then I can just silence the original script line which makes the list and
just have a couple of lines which save and load each one to the same object
name as the original lists.

So the commands I need help for should able to *save the lists *rg.lmer and
rg.lmer2 separately
And then *load the lists as lists, /not a df/,*  in to another workspace

Possibly looking towards sink() but not sure and couldn't figure out how
this works...

Thanks in advance
Rob