[R] Package to remove collinear variables

John C Frain frainj at gmail.com
Tue Aug 7 21:18:44 CEST 2012

For background have a look at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Multicollinearity.

I have also used

Regression Diagnostics: Identifying Influential Data and Sources of
Collinearity (Wiley Series in Probability and Statistics) by David A.
Belsley, Edwin Kuh and Roy E. Welsch

Sections 1.9 to 1.12 of
Hands-On Intermediate Econometrics Using R: Templates for Extending
Dozens of Practical Examples [With CDROM] by Hrishikesh D. Vinod
(2008)

Basically how you proceed depends a lot on what you are trying to achieve.

Best Regards John