[R] R versus SAS

Rolf Turner rolf.turner at xtra.co.nz
Wed Aug 8 23:17:07 CEST 2012

On 08/08/12 14:46, Kjetil Halvorsen wrote:
> I found this on CrossValidated:
>
> "A medical statistician once told me, that they use SAS because if
> they make mistakes due to software bugs and it comes to lawsuits, SAS
> will recompensate them. R comes without warranty."

If the "medical statistician" really believes that "SAS will recompensate
them" then I have ocean-front property in Arizona to sell him.  Or her.

And I sincerely hope that *my* health does not depend on any results
of that "medical statistician's" analyses.

     cheers,

         Rolf Turner

P. S.  There is no such word as "recompensate".

         R. T.