[R] debug vs regular mode

Zhang, Peng pczhang at med.umich.edu
Fri Aug 10 01:56:58 CEST 2012

Dear all,

I had a R segmentation fault, and then invoked debug mode and ran step
by step.

When I reached "terms(Y~X1*X2*...*X16)", I would then have
"segmentation" fault. However, if I just ran this under regular "R
interactive" mode, it would be fine though taking long time.

My questions are:
1. Is there a known limit of terms for a formula?
2. Why does the same function behave differently under debug and regular
mode?

Thank you!

Best,
Peng