[R] Analyzing Poor Performance Using naiveBayes()

C.H. chainsawtiney at gmail.com
Fri Aug 10 05:46:18 CEST 2012

I think you have been hit by the problem of high variance. (overfitting)

Maybe you should consider doing a feature selection perhaps using the
chisq ranking from FSelector.

And then training the Naive Bayes using the top n features (n=1 to
200) as ranked by chisq, plot the AUCs or F1 score from both training
set and cross training set against n. From the graph, you can select
the optimal number of n.