[R] how to read .bam file

peter dalgaard pdalgd at gmail.com
Fri Aug 10 12:10:02 CEST 2012

On Aug 10, 2012, at 08:24 , mengxin wrote:

> Hi all:
> I've got a data of ".bam" which is created from my partner under linux sysyem.
> My system is window xp, and I wanna know how to read the .bam file.

An what is the .bam file supposed to contain? You are really not giving us much of a clue, are you?

I'd venture a guess that it is something with genomic alignment files, in which case you need to see the Bioconductor folks over on their mailing lists. However, it could be a multitude of other things, like "Bob's Adlib Music" of "Bravo Archived Media"...

--
Peter Dalgaard, Professor
Phone: (+45)38153501
Email: pd.mes at cbs.dk  Priv: PDalgd at gmail.com