[R] export table in separate file

Alexander Shenkin ashenkin at ufl.edu
Fri Aug 10 18:40:13 CEST 2012

Hi Folks,

I'm using Sweave to generate png & pdf graphics that I then "Import &
Link" in a Word document.  This let's me create sharable and editable
dynamic documents.  They are dynamic in that I can regenerate figures
when the data changes, and have those figures automatically updated in
my Word doc since they're "linked", and not just "imported" in Word.

I want to do the same for tables.  Right now, I've rolled my own
function to turn tables into a png.  However, I would like a more robust
solution.  Is there any way I can turn tables into, say, an HTML table
in a separate file that could be linked in Word?  I know one can create
HTML tables in Sweave and otherwise.  The difference is that I need
those tables to exist each in their separate file.

Any thoughts would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Allie