[R] Batch Mode for Windows

sharx sxu12 at mtlakes.org
Fri Aug 10 22:59:34 CEST 2012

Hi, I have researched batch mode for windows and could not find anything that
worked.
I know the code should be

$ R CMD BATCH inputfile.R outputfile.Rout
or
R <inputfile.R > outputfile.Rout

I tried these without success. I need detailed, step by step instructions on
how to do this. I have tried typing  C:\R\bin\x64\Rgui.exe before it, but
this just opens R.

When I tried to do this, it said that $, R, etc. are not recognizable
commands. In other instances it said that the arguments R, CMD, and BATCH
were ignored. What specifically should I do to make this work?  I thought I
was supposed to change the directory to the folder where my input file was
stored, but this did not work either.