[R] How do I find the apparent magnitude of a galaxy from a FITS file?

andrej andrejfavia at ml1.net
Sat Aug 11 19:44:47 CEST 2012

> > sos::findFn('fits astronomical')
>found 4 matches;  retrieving 1 page

Alright I installed SOS, but in the line below "found 4 matches;  retrieving
1 page" R spit out the following:

"Error in print.findFn(list(Count = 1, MaxScore = 1, TotalScore = 1, Package
= "FITSio",  :
could not find function "brew""

I used FITSio before, so I know I can just install that... the point of me
posting was to see if anyone here had actually used it to analyze the
images. As I said before, this is an optical telescope image (which can be
viewed in SAOimageDS9); let's just say that's from the HST.