[R] named character question

Joshua Wiley jwiley.psych at gmail.com
Mon Aug 13 05:43:36 CEST 2012

Hi Erin,

The first element of the character vector is a string.  You cannot
extract specifically characters from a string; try something like
?nchar

or perhaps better use regular expressions to extract things between
commas after two characters (or whatever logical rule accurately gets
the zip code).

Cheers,

Josh