[R] R table as integrable object for large Latex Documents - avoiding SWeave

clangkamp christian.langkamp at gmxpro.de
Mon Aug 13 18:46:03 CEST 2012

Hi, I am wondering whether some of you have a pointer to an alternative.
I am currently writing my thesis in Latex (several documents), well grown
over time, I am sure many of you are familiar with the situation. Likewise I
am doing the quantitative analysis with R, and again a lot of lines of more
or less wellwritten code. The outputs are graphs (which one can wonderfully
integrate as PNG objects into Latex) and tables, where I am not sure. With
Word / Powerpoint I always go via the CSV path, but CSV integration with the
Latex Packages is really cumbersome.

My main point is that there are some packages (xtable, pgfplotstable, ...)
which sort of do integration, but they require a lot of command definitions,
requiring a lot of time to get right and ultimately also providing much of a
source for errors. Thus my question is whether you know of any alternative
how to create pictures or CSV style objects that *easily* integrate into
LaTeX, keep their format etc.

Thanks
Christian

-----