[R] Standard introductory presentation

clangkamp christian.langkamp at gmxpro.de
Mon Aug 13 21:13:24 CEST 2012

Hi Everyone

In the Contributed Documentation part of the R Project website there are
dozens of various documents explaining this and that on R. Furthermore there
is also the document "Introduction to R". In my thesis I have been using R
here and there, so I would classify myself as an intermediate user after
about 3 years of using it, but I am in no sense a professional.

I am now on a guest research trip to another University, and there a few
people have asked me to "spread the word", hinting even at me giving a
presentation on R and the blessings it brings. I feel mightily uncomfortable
with that, but what the heck. I have been now looking for an "official
Introduction to R" in Presentation Format, but lo, there isn't one. There
are a few tutorials on the web, but none are really a classical
introduction.

I have no bad conscience about taking a premade presentation by someone else
(and yes, in todays context of plagiarised, fully citing them etc.), knowing
that it is actually well designed to present R and doesn't talk gibberish,

The closest I found was by Tyler K. Perrachione from MIT, which I think I
might use if push comes to shove, but I wanted to ask whether anyone of you
knows of a "official version" by one of the Core Project members ?

Christian

-----
Christian Langkamp
christian.langkamp-at-gmxpro.de