[R] R table as integrable object for large Latex Documents - avoiding SWeave

Duncan Mackay mackay at northnet.com.au
Tue Aug 14 02:04:32 CEST 2012

Hi Christian

I also think that latex is the way to go having to regularly produce
pdfs that are around  50-100+ pages.

Why use powerpoint when you have Beamer or other latex packages to
create a presentation.
You would have done most of the work in the thesis so use what you
have already done.

Presentations can take time in powerpoint and there is
forward/backward compatibility issues  with Microsoft.
Everybody has Adobe/Acrobat not all have MS

The key to productivity is to have templates for graphs figures and
tables in your text editor and amend to suit.
For many column tables I use R to produce the column headings as the
centred column headings are a different format to the body
Just a matter of clicking on the template and supplying the column headings.

HTH

Duncan

Duncan Mackay
Department of Agronomy and Soil Science