[R] Help needed in reading matlab files

jerome at kosta.ch jerome at kosta.ch
Tue Aug 14 13:54:17 CEST 2012

Dear users,

I am stucked with a programming problem: I am trying to download a squared adjacency matrix from matlab with only 0 or 1. Doing it without a loop at first, I get an error message that is, I think, related to the  "mat_adj<-readMat(pathnames_adj)" line. Did anybodz encouter already that problem? If so, do I need to change anything in my code in order it not to be recurrent? If I run the code a second time, it works fine, but this does not help me, as I try to set up a loop for 265 matlab adj matrix, each number representing a specific week and the purpose being to have metrics from igraph being generated over the 265 weeks.

Thank you

CODE to read the file:

rm(list=ls())
library(R.matlab)
path<-setwd("V:/2012/nonweighted_GOVSOV")
pattern_adj<-sprintf("weightmatrix1.mat")
pathnames_adj<-list.files(pattern=pattern_adj,path=path,full.names=T)
cat("Reading MAT file: ", basename(pathnames_adj), "\n", sep="")
mat_adj<-readMat(pathnames_adj)
adj<-do.call(rbind,mat_adj)
library(igraph)
g<-graph.adjacency(adj, mode=c("directed"), weighted=T)

R RESPONSE:

> path<-setwd("V:/2012/nonweighted_GOVSOV")
> pattern_adj<-sprintf("weightmatrix1.mat")
> pathnames_adj<-list.files(pattern=pattern_adj,path=path,full.names=T)
> cat("Reading MAT file: ", basename(pathnames_adj), "\n", sep="")
Reading MAT file:
> mat_adj<-readMat(pathnames_adj)

Error in file(con, open = "rb") : invalid 'description' argument
> adj<-do.call(rbind,mat_adj)
Error in do.call(rbind, mat_adj) : object 'mat_adj' not found
> library(igraph)

Attaching package: ‘igraph’

The following object(s) are masked from ‘package:R.oo’:

    hierarchy

> g<-graph.adjacency(adj, mode=c("directed"), weighted=T)
Error in inherits(adjmatrix, "Matrix") : object 'adj' not found