[R] Import Data from Excel

Bert Gunter gunter.berton at gene.com
Wed Aug 15 23:18:32 CEST 2012

Hannah:

1. First of all, they are column names, not row names.

2. Second, no, you cannot fix it. All columns in a data frame *must*
have names, and if none are obtained from the "import," the defaults
you see will be provided.

See ?data.frame for details of how columns are named.
Columns of data of the same mode/class could be converted to a matrix,
which does not need to have its columns named. But it's hard to see
why one would want to do this.

-- Bert