[R] NADA package/cenboxplot() method: maximum censored percentage

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Thu Aug 16 17:08:52 CEST 2012

On Thu, 16 Aug 2012, David L Lorenz wrote:

> The cenboxplot function uses cenros to estimate the censored values. The
> cenros function requires at least 2 uncensored observations to be able to
> do the regression. The cenros function does issue a warning when there are
> more than 80% censored data, but that is suppressed in cenboxplot.

Dave,

   I've seen the cenros warning when there are > 80% censored data, and now
understand that I don't see the same warning with cenboxplot. Knowing now
that I need at least 2 uncensored observations answers my question; some of
the constituents have only a single uncensored value. Others have none, and
I knew those could not be analyzed or plotted.

> Hope this helps.

   Most certainly does!

Thanks very much,

Rich