[R] Error in metafor documentation on maximum iterations

Viechtbauer Wolfgang (STAT) wolfgang.viechtbauer at maastrichtuniversity.nl
Thu Aug 16 20:01:40 CEST 2012

I had noticed this oversight a while ago. In an updated version of the metafor package (hopefully to be released in the near future), the argument will be called "maxiter" (as intended). Using "maxit" will then work as well, due to partial matching.

Thanks for bringing this to my attention though.

Also, the package name is "metafor" (spelled with an f). It's supposed to be a (convoluted) abbreviation for "META-analysis FOr R"). I suppose "metaphor" would then be "META-analysis PHOr R", but I decided against that (other candidates were metaforR, metafoR, and a few others). Well, at the time, I thought the name "metafor" was clever. These days, I am not so sure anymore.

Best,

Wolfgang

--
Wolfgang Viechtbauer, Ph.D., Statistician
Department of Psychiatry and Psychology