[R] r data structures

Thu Aug 16 21:28:03 CEST 2012

Hi,

On Thu, Aug 16, 2012 at 2:49 PM, Schumacher, Jay S <jays at neo.tamu.edu> wrote:

> hi,
>   i'm trying to understand r data structures.  i see that vectors, matrix, factors and arrays have a "dimension."

Out of curiosity, where do you "see" that vectors and factors have a
dimension? I mean -- I guess they're one dimensional, but ...

>   there seems to be no mention of dimensionality anywhere for lists or dataframes.  can i consider lists and frames to be of fixed dimension 2?

data.frames: sure, I guess
lists: no

What would you consider the dimension of this list to be:

x = list(a=1:10, b='hello', c=matrix(1:100, nrow=10))

-steve

--
Steve Lianoglou