[R] Making data in R available to Rcmdr

ToddE easton at up.edu
Fri Aug 17 23:56:33 CEST 2012

I'm an R newbie.  I'm trying to use Rcmdr to make a 3-D scatterplot of data
from a two-independent-variable regression and of the regression plane.

The object "dat" in R contains the data:
> print(dat[1:20,])
         y     x1     x2
1   431.69  76.40 132.80

Rcmdr "knows" about dat.  If I click Data, New data set, and enter the name
dat, Rcmdr won't let me use that name.  I get this message: "Data set dat
already exists. Overwrite data set?"

However, I don't know how to make dat the active data set in Rcmdr.  Is that
possible?

Sorry if this is too basic.  Can't find an answer in "Getting Started With
the R Commander" or on this list.

Todd