[R] select most frequent value in set of variables

Sam Dekeyser sam.dekeyser at gmail.com
Mon Aug 20 10:48:17 CEST 2012

Hi,

I would like to select the most frequent value level in a set of three variables.

Three different observators have judged hair color in study subjects. Mostly they judge the same color, sometimes there is a slight difference. I want to know what most of the observators have chosen (so at least 2) from the 3 observations. E.g. If two out of three observators decide the hair is black, then it's likely not to be brown.

Let's say that i have 3 variables: color1, color2, color3. Each have 4 possible levels (fair up to black, 1-4). I would like a new variable containing this 'most frequent judgement'.

I have already searched through the knowledge base and many posts but I haven't found what I'm looking for.

Is this possible?

Thank you in advance!
Sam