[R] segfault in gplots::heatmap.2

Andreas Leha andreas.leha at med.uni-goettingen.de
Thu Aug 30 09:30:26 CEST 2012

Hi all,

I experience a segfault when calling gplots::heatmap.2(), but only when
certain other packages are loaded.

I am not sure for the correct place to send this bug report.  Should I send
it to the package maintainers directly?  If R-help is the wrong place,
please feel free to direct me to the correct one.

I am on debian (testing) linux 64 with the binary R distribution
from the repositories (version 2.15.1).

Below follows a simple reproducible example causing the segfault on my
machine.
The offending dataset is quite big, so instead of posting it here I put
it here: https://gist.github.com/3523761.  Please put it into offending.txt to
make the code below working.

This is the example.  Note, that without loading 'XLConnect' this works
nicely.
#+begin_src R
  library("gplots")
  library("XLConnect") # any of XLConnect, venneuler, xlsx case a segfault

  offending <- dget("offending.txt")
  heatmap.2(x=offending)
#+end_src

Interestingly, I get a segfault when loading any of c("XLConnect",
"venneuler", "xlsx"), which all depend on rJava.  But loading rJava on
its own did not produce a segfault.

Regards,
Andreas