[R] select most frequent value in set of variables

PIKAL Petr petr.pikal at precheza.cz
Mon Aug 20 16:08:50 CEST 2012

Hi

It is really a typical example of a question which has probably very simple solution but hardly anybody can give you a rasonable answer.

How your data look like?
What is the structure of your data?

set.seed(1)
x<-sample(1:4, 60, replace=T)
mat<-as.factor(x)
dim(mat) <- c(20,3)

> sapply(apply(mat,1, table), max)
 [1] 2 1 2 1 1 2 2 2 2 1 2 1 2 2 2 1 1 1 2 2
> names(sapply(apply(mat,1, table), which.max))
[20] "2"

gives you the most frequent value in each row of matrix mat.

Petr