[R] What makes R different from other programming languages?

R. Michael Weylandt michael.weylandt at gmail.com
Mon Aug 20 20:47:09 CEST 2012

As a language, there are some nifty things about function arguments:
http://blog.moertel.com/articles/2006/01/20/wondrous-oddities-rs-function-call-semantics.
Lexical scoping +  first class functions also come to mind.

If we are thinking about libraries, graphics:
http://addictedtor.free.fr/graphiques/ and look into ggplot2
(including the famous facebook world map) and statistical modelling
(both base and in contributed packages)

What are your developers interested in and we can be more specific?

Michael