[R] FW: Create and Assign value into a variable from Another variable

Akkara, Antony (GE Energy, Non-GE) Antony.Akkara at ge.com
Tue Aug 28 11:16:19 CEST 2012

Ok.
Here I have a variable called "Variable_1".

Variable_1 <- "MyDataFrame"

Here I want to create another variable, by assigning the value of  "Variable_1" .
So, it will come like,

Assign(Variable_1,data.frame(read.csv("c:\\Mydata.csv")))   --->[this was the 1st requirement, now I got the solution]

Now, " MyDataFrame " is a variable and containing some values in that.
And Now, the problem what is I need to do "rbind" into the variable " MyDataFrame ".

I tried to do,
rbind(as.character(Variable_1), data.frame(read.csv("c:\\My2ndData.csv")))

and I tried this too

rbind(as.name(Variable_1), data.frame(read.csv("c:\\My2ndData.csv")))

and I getting the error like

Error: " object of type 'symbol' is not subsettable "

Here I am getting stuck !

- Thanks
Antony