[R] Course

R. Michael Weylandt michael.weylandt at gmail.com
Tue Aug 28 17:47:11 CEST 2012

Though, for the record, it is perfectly legal and rather common to
charge for _instruction_ in R, just not for R itself.[1] This is done,
inter alia, at the UserR conferences. Similarly, one could charge for
books on R (physical or digital), for code deliverables in R, etc.

Cheers,
Michael

[1] Actually, I believe one could sell a binary, but would have to
supply the source code as well, so it wouldn't be the most lucrative
business plan. See, e.g., http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/selling.html