[R] random forest using party package

David Winsemius dwinsemius at comcast.net
Thu Aug 30 17:02:51 CEST 2012

On Aug 30, 2012, at 4:02 AM, mushira wrote:

> Hi all,
> I am trying out with random forest on party package but am getting
> an error
> saying : cannot allocate vector of size 564." What would be the
> problem? the
> coding as below:
>
>> data.controls <- cforest_unbiased(ntree=1000, mtry=3)
>> data.cforest <- cforest(class ~x1+x2+x3, data = Score,
>> controls=data.controls)
> Error: cannot allocate vector of size 564 Kb
> my datasets is of  10 independent variables and 72,000 entries.
> what should I proceed?

You appear to have the machine resources to handle the problem, but
probably have too much other "stuff" (running programs, open windows,
etc)  in your system at this time that is occupying memory, this
preventing R from having contiguous memory that can hold your data
object. You should exit R, restart your computer, do not run any other
applications, ... restart R and redo this analysis.

--
David Winsemius, MD
Alameda, CA, USA