[R] cubic spline

Steve Stephenson amatstef at libero.it
Sat Dec 1 13:09:58 CET 2012

Hallo,
I'm facing a problem and I would really appreciate your support.
I have to translate some Matalb code in R that I don't know very well but I
would like to.
I have to interpolate 5 point with a cubic spline function and then I expect
my function returns the Y value as output a specific X value inside the
evaluation range.  Let's suppose that:
  1-  *X = [-10, -5, 0, 5, 10]*
  2 - *Y = [12, 10, 8, 7, 6]*
  3 - *I have to interpolate with a cubic spline assuming x=11*

In Matlab I used this function:

*y = interp1(X, Y, x, "cubic"); *

How can I do the same in R?
Many thanks in advance for your reply and support!
Kindly

Steve