[R] RMySQL install on windows

rahul143 rk204885 at gmail.com
Sun Dec 2 17:35:47 CET 2012

I have been trying to install RMySQL on Windows 7 following the
procedure at:
http://biostat.mc.vanderbilt.edu/wiki/Main/RMySQL

I think I have properly installed RTools and created a proper
Renviron.site file saying:
MYSQL_HOME="C:/Program Files/MySQL/MySQL Server 5.5"

When I try to install the packages from source, I get warnings that
suggest I'm still not quite "with the program" yet. There are comments
about POSIX paths that I don't quite grasp. Can anyone give me
additional hints?

There seems to be a libmysql.dll in the /lib subdirectory although the
install seems to be looking in the /bin directory for a file of similar
name. Is this something that has changed with recent versions of MySQL
that should be fixed in the RMySQL package or is it something I can work
around by hand or by properly setting some environmental variable?

Thanks,

-----