[R] trying to understand the names of the loadings and factor scores from fa()

Brent Caldwell brent.caldwell at otago.ac.nz
Mon Dec 3 02:07:34 CET 2012

Hi
I'm trying to understand the names of the output I get from extracting the loadings and the factor scores from fa()

when I export to csv the $loadings I get the following columns in this order:
 MR4, MR3, MR2, MR6, MR7, MR5, MR1, MR8, MR10, MR9, MR11

When I export to csv the $scores I get the following columns in this order:
V1, V2, V3, V4, V5, V6, V7, V8, V9, V10,V11

Are the scores in the column V1 derived from the loadings in column MR1 ?
Or are the scores in the first column of $scores (ie V1) derived from the loadings in the first column of $loadings (ie MR4)?

Thank you very much for your guidance
Best wishes
Brent

Brent Caldwell, MBChB, DPH, MPH.
Research Fellow
Department of Medicine
University of Otago, Wellington
U  brent.caldwell at otago.ac.nz
b  04 918 6041
   021 87 22 64
  23a Mein Street, PO Box 7343, Newtown, WELLINGTON 6021, NEW ZEALAND brent.ower.caldwell
  Zonnic study