[R] Creating Venn-like intersections for multiple data sets: Vennerable Package help

MLiebers mrl86 at cornell.edu
Tue Dec 4 00:37:52 CET 2012

I was wondering if you could lend me some advice in using the Vennerable
package.  I am having trouble creating the right sort of Venn function
output.   I have "TRUE" and "FALSE"/NA
str(mutset)
'data.frame':   2310 obs. of  3 variables:
 $ TestResult.1                      : chr  NA NA NA NA ...
 $ TestResult.2                       :chr  NA NA NA NA...
 $ TestResult.3                       : chr  NA NA NA NA ...

I always get something like this:
> Vstem<-Venn(mutset)
>Vstem
A Venn object on 3 sets named
TestResult.1,TestResult.2,TestResult.3
000 100 010 110 001 101 011 111
  0      0     0      0     0      0     0      2

I have many more of these sets actually, and intermittent "TRUE" values
nestled in the NA's.  We are interested in the overlap of these "TRUE"
values in a Venn diagram sense.  For instance if $ TestResult.1 and $
TestResult.3 shared 7 instances of both being "TRUE" where $ TestResult.2
was NA, then I would hope to see:

> Vstem
A Venn object on 3 sets named
TestResult.1,TestResult.2,TestResult.3

000 100 010 110 001 101 011 111
  X      X     X     X    X      7     X    X

I was wondering if you knew what was going wrong.  Thanks so much.