[R] Large loops in R

Charles Novaes de Santana charles.santana at gmail.com
Tue Dec 4 19:47:31 CET 2012

Dear all,

I need to access data from a large matrix (48000 x 48000) and to do it
I am trying to run two loops using "for" command. Surely it is been a
very slow job.

I heard that "for" is not the best option to perform large loops in R,
but I don't really know what would be the best (fast) option. sapply?
vapply? Could anyone help me with this issue, please?

Thank you very much for your attention and for any help!

Best regards,

Charles

--
Um axé! :)