[R] Renaming column names according to another dataframe

Johannes Radinger johannesradinger at gmail.com
Tue Dec 11 11:55:42 CET 2012

Hi,

I've got a dataframe having a code as column name.
Addtionally I have another dataframe with a two columns (and lots of
rows), the first
containing the code and the second some Text (real name).

Now I'd like to use the information (pairs of code and name) of the
second dataframe to rename all the columnnames in the first dataframe.
How is it possible to achieve that?

Here a small example of the two dataframes:

df <- data.frame(A=(1:10),B=(1:10),C=(1:10))
df_names <- data.frame(code=c("A","B","C","D","E"),name=c("Col A","Col
B","Col C","Col D","Col E"))

/j