[R] Comparing Kappa coefficients

moadeep jamierobinson at nhs.net
Tue Dec 11 14:44:34 CET 2012

I have a simple R script which uses the psych package to calculate cohens
kappa (weighted) from a csv file. The csv file has 2 columns of ordinal data
- one ranked by an experienced observer and the other by a novice who is
undergoing training. What I would like to do is measure kappa for subsets of
this data (say 30-50 ratings) and check whether the observed agreement
between novice and experienced observer improves with training. Which metric
should I use to compare to kappas? At the moment the 95% CI for 100
observations is quite wide -  0.31 - 0.71