[R] EMA Package

Aspro research at gardeux-vincent.eu
Wed Dec 12 20:34:21 CET 2012

Hi,

I'm currently using EMA package to make clustering and heatmaps.
The online doc concerning the package gives the following example code:

data(marty)
c<-clustering(marty, metric="pearson", method="ward")
clustering.plot(c, title="Hierarchical Clustering\nPearson-Ward")

which is working perfectly,
However, when I'm changing the method to method="kcentroids", on the exact
same example, I got the following error:

Error in DIS$DIS : $ operator is invalid for atomic vectors

Here is the code ran :

data(marty)
c<-clustering(marty, metric="pearson", method="kcentroids", 4)
clustering.plot(c, title="Hierarchical Clustering\nPearson-Ward")

I even tried to transform the data to a dataframe with the following code :

data(marty)
c<-clustering(data.frame(marty), metric="pearson", method="kcentroids", 4)
clustering.plot(c, title="Hierarchical Clustering\nPearson-Ward")

but it's not working either...
Someone know how I can correct this issue? Or should I use classical
hclust() function instead of clustering() ?

Thanks