[R] Problems with displaying graphics in Linux

Wibowo Arindrarto w.arindrarto at gmail.com
Fri Dec 14 14:11:58 CET 2012

Hi R users,

I've previously updated my R installation to R 2.15.2 in my Arch Linux
64 bit. I haven't used it in a while after updating, but now that I'm
using it again, I find that the graphics device is not functioning
properly.

For any plots that I create, it's going to show a blank window. Upon
clicking the close button of the window, the plot that it's supposed
to show flickers very briefly and then the window closes.

Running dev.list() when the window is visible (without any plots)
shows this output.
X11cairo
       2

It changes to NULL, as expected, if I run it after closing the window.

Does anyone have any pointers on how to fix this?

Thanks in advance,
Bow