[R] confirming a formula for use with lmer

Matthew Panichello panichem at nmr.mgh.harvard.edu
Wed Dec 19 22:29:03 CET 2012

Hello,

I recently began using R and the lme4 package to carry out linear mixed
effects analyses.

I am interested in the effects of variables 'prime','time', and 'mood'
on 'reaction_time' while taking into account the random effect
'subjects.' I've read through documentation on lme4 and came up with the
following formula for use with lmer:

reaction_time ~ (mood*prime*soa) + (1|subject)

Prime and soa were repeated measures within subjects, while mood was
manipulated between subjects. As I understand it, however, this
distinction does not affect how the formula should be written.

While I've done my background reading and think this formula is correct,
I'd appreciate an expert with more experience than I to double check my
work.

Thanks in advance for any help,

Matt

The information in this e-mail is intended only for the ...{{dropped:11}}