[R] scale Problem in Survreg function

Lumar Stefili at web.de
Thu Dec 20 16:42:59 CET 2012

Dear R-Community,

I'm writting my diploma-thesis this days. Therefore I have to estimate a few
coefficients with a Survreg function (library=Survival). My Problem is that
the estimated coefficients doesn't make sense.

*My Questions:*
- What role plays the scale-Value for the coefficient-estimation?
- How can I interpret a scale-value like 3 or 12?
- Why estimates R for some scales an Intercept and for some not?
- Is it usual that the estimations differs so much (factor 10000) for
different scale-Values?

Thank you in Advance! :-)
Best wishes,
Stefan