[R] Rterm does not load personal library

Bond, Stephen Stephen.Bond at cibc.com
Fri Dec 21 18:16:28 CET 2012

Greetings,

I am trying to run a short script from a shell:

c:\projects\hell>Rscript --default-packages=mypack X:/4Stephen/commit/curve.R > X:/4Stephen/commit/run1.out

Warning message:
package 'RODBC' was built under R version 2.12.2
Error: could not find function "normalize"
Execution halted
Warning message:
closing unused RODBC handle 1

function 'normalize' is in "mypack" and I even attempt to load it from inside the script:

## curve.R
dt <- Sys.Date()
library(RODBC)
pipe <- odbcConnect("commit")
library(mypack) # with quotes it's the same result
normalize(pipe)

any ideas how to make Rterm load the library?? Running from inside ESS works fine. Also from RGui. It does not work if I start a session by "R -vanilla" on the command line.

Thanks and happy holidays.

Stephen