[R] Spammer? [wa Re: Fitting binomial lmer-model, high deviance and low logLik]

Jim Lemon jim at bitwrit.com.au
Mon Dec 3 04:37:00 CET 2012

On 12/03/2012 12:18 PM, Ben Bolker wrote:
> rahul143<rk204885<at>  gmail.com>  writes:
>

>    I have a strong suspicion that this person is a spammer.

When I saw the almost unbroken list of posts, I wondered what might be
going on myself. We are already familiar with those who repeatedly ask
ill-formed questions that indicate a knowledge vacuum in the area,
presumably hoping that someone who knows how to do the task will send an
example that can be copied. This looks more like a broker of
intellectual freeloading, attempting to build a business of relaying
questions about which he or she knows nothing in the hope of receiving
answers that can be passed back to the original inquirer, perhaps at a
profit. The internet is certainly a place where almost any enterprise
can be tried out.

Jim