[R] R-Forge not building packages?

Yihui Xie xie at yihui.name
Mon Dec 3 19:21:55 CET 2012

I will not be surprised if it takes longer than a week to build a
package on R-Forge, although I have no idea why it has to be
incredibly slow (do they have Sys.sleep(7*24*60*60) somewhere in the
code?). I do have found an alternative solution, though, which is to
spend these days on teaching more R users (especially Windows users)
how to install R packages via R CMD INSTALL or
devtools::install_github(). That is usually a lot faster than R-Forge.

Regards,
Yihui
--
Yihui Xie <xieyihui at gmail.com>